Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss





What a fun filled Seuss day! The kiddos really went all out in their fun outfits. We read some books had pink ink to drink and watched the Sneeches.

Pink Ink that the Yink drinks~ From One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

I didn't use the recipe from the Green Eggs and Ham cookbook, I made this one up myself! :)

1/2 Gallon of Bluebell Strawberry Ice Cream

Strawberry Syurp

2 liter Sprite or 7-Up

Blend ice cream and a little Sprite. Add Strawberry syurp as desired for pink color. Keep blending ice cream with Sprite. The more Sprite you add the thinner the drink will be.

Serve in a clear glass with a straw. I put umbrellas in for added fun! ;) My recipe served 22 kiddos.

It was VERY yummy. You could also just add Strawberry syurp to Sprite and stir for the same pink look.

Coming soon~ Footloose and Fancy Free Friday~ We'll wear crazy socks to honor The Foot Book and Fox in Socks.

Also, Wacky Wednesday... More info. on that soon! It's the month of Seuss!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I am a prek teacher and we were attempting to make green eggs but I was so afraid they weren't going to eat it, I opted for egg salad sailboats. Cheese sail with toothpick, cracker as boat and egg salad. Love your blog

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I was worried about the green eggs too. I've got some pretty picky kids! Most of them liked the pink ink drink, though.

    Thanks! :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete