Friday, February 26, 2010

March!



M-A-R-C-H marching into spring!!

This month our author of the month is Dr. Seuss. His birthday is March 2nd. To remember this crazy author, we are going to dress up as our favorite Seuss character. I'll post pictures on Tues. I also found a great book on-line that I'm going to get at Barnes and Noble~ The Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook. One of the recipes I saw was Pink Ink Drink. You'll remember the Yink from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. He liked to drink pink ink. :) Maybe we'll have to have pink ink to drink!! Our journal center is a rhyming center this month. I found some cute Dr. Seuss hats at Mardels and my aide wrote short vowel rhyming words on them. The kiddos can write some more rhymes or write a rhyming story. Our housekeeping center is going to become the Green Eggs And Ham Breakfast Cafe, and our dress up center is going to have Seuss stuffed animals and hats to act out Seuss books. One of my favorite Seuss quotes is, "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells!" What fun to have some nonsense and silliness to make learning fun!

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment