Thursday, January 20, 2011
Beach day is here!! We have a lot of fun things planned for our special day.
Here are some of the things we do to make this day special for the kiddos and brighten up a dreary winter day!
Have some beach boy music playing as the kids enter the room. We decorate our room with some beach things I borrow from a friend who did a beach themed Bible school at her church. Check out the styrofoam surf board!! We also hang blue crepe paper from the ceiling tiles to give the illusion of under the sea!
Next, here is our day at a glance.
1. Dancing and using bean bags to beach type music.
2. Putting beach balls in the middle of a parachute and doing some parachute play.
3. Having a relay race with flippers, goggles, and a snorkle.
4. Eating octopus, hot dog cut in 1/2 with legs.
5. Making an edible beach~ vanilla pudding cups, crushed vanilla oreos on top, beach umbrella, and fun strips gum.
6. Painting an ocean picture.
7. Sink and Float center~ large tub filled with water and objects that sink and float.
8. Finishing our hand and foot lobster.
9. Having tons of fun!!!
Beach day is always fun in the winter. We just had a snow day, so sort of fun to think about wearing our shorts and flip flops on a cold winter day!