Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What God Wants For Christmas

Tomorrow is the last day of K until 2010! We have been going through the book and boxes of What God Wants For Christmas. You can get the box set at your local Christian book store. In each box is a member of the nativity. We'll open box # 7 tomorrow. I love that one! What God wants for Christmas is you!

We'll end our day tomorrow with a tradition at our school, the Happy Birthday Jesus Party. We use this time to focus on Jesus and the great gift He is to us. This is always such a special time. The whole elementary meets together and the teachers read the Christmas story. In between Bible verses we sing Christmas songs. Then, Principal reads a story focusing on Christ and His gift to us. To end our time, each class has a cake that is chocolate (for our sin), iced white (Jesus covers our sin), with a red cross on top (for His sacrifice), and a lit candle (Jesus is the light of the world). The classes leave to go to their rooms singing "Silent Night". It's such a wonderful time and gets our focus on the real reason for the season, Jesus.


"What Can I Give Him?"
"What can I give Him
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I'd bring a lamb.
If I were a wise man
I'd do my part.
Yet what can I give Him?
Give Him my heart!"

May all our hearts be full of His love this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment