Thursday, November 12, 2009

Aburquerque Turkey


Holidays are so fun! I've found several songs and poems about Thanksgiving. My kiddos love them and are so excited during calendar time! One of their favorites is Alburquerque Turkey sung to the tune My Darling Clementine. I also found a new song this year, "It's Almost Time for Thanksgiving" sung to "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". Very fun! Alburquerque Turkey is featured on Dr. Jean's c.d. Happy Everything! This c.d. is full of so many fun holiday songs for your kids. A must have for a K classroom. You can visit Dr. Jean's website drjean.org or most school supply stores carry it. Another wonderful resource for poems is the text Creative Activities for Young Children by Mary Mayesky. It's a text book from college, but one I will keep always. I tried to find it on-line, I think it's the 4th edition, but I had some trouble. If you can find it, it's worth it! Lots of poems, activities, songs, and recipes!

Next week is our Thanksgiving Feast! My K kids sort of have a "Charlie Brown" Thanksgiving. I'll post what we are making for our festivities next week!

I'll leave you with one last poem~
"Gobble, gobble, who is that?
Mr. Turkey big and fat!
He is big and fat,
And he gobble, gobble, gobbles!
He spreads his wings,
And he wobble, wobble, wobbles!
But when it is Thanksgiving Day,
Gobble, gobble, gobble is what we'll say!!"

Happy Singing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment