Sunday, November 29, 2009

You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbreadman!!

http://janbrett.com/gingerbread_baby_recipe.htm

I found our Gingerbread recipe on the Jan Brett website. Our author of the month this month is Jan Brett. We'll read her gingerbread books (The Gingerbread Baby and Gingerbread Friends) this week. We'll also be reading The Hat and The Mitten this week. We are going to make our GB dough on Mon. in class and then bake him on Tues. Yes, he is going to run away! :) The kids love it when he does. I'm going to crumble some cookie pieces outside the oven and leave the oven door open when we go in to check on him. Then we'll go all around the school asking if anyone has seen him. It's always a fun time!

On Friday, in honor of The Hat and The Mitten, we'll have hat and mitten day. I'm glad the weather is going to be cooler. :)

Another fun thing I've found on Jan Brett's website are character masks. I'm going to print some off and either make puppets or masks for our dress up center. Check out her website. It's got lots of great projects, ideas, and printables.

It's a busy start to Dec. Many merry wishes!! Love this time of year! I'll post pics on Tues. of our Gingerbreadman.

No comments:

Post a Comment